• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Boldmere Hotel

TheBoldPeeKay

You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a photo of 'The Boldmere Hotel' which was and is situated on Boldmere Road. There has been a pub on this site for many years and until about 1938 the pub on the site was 'The Gate' From that time it was rebuilt and became 'The Boldmere Hotel' and in the early 2000's (I think) it became what it is now 'A Harvester'.

While there are many images about of it as a 'Harvester' in many colour schemes, can anyone help me with a photo of the pub when it was The Boldmere Hotel'

Hi TheBoldPeeKay and welcome to the forum. I've had a look in my books but so far I can only find The Gate. I'll keep looking and perhaps someone else will have one of the The Boldmere. I know a man who might so I'll message him.

Seeing this thread has brought back a memory of the name the Boldmere Hotel, back in the mid/late 70s a group of us used to go there for a late night drink, after the pubs had closed. As it was a hotel, the bar was still open - I think it was officially for 'residents'!
I don't know Sutton very well so I can't remember whereabouts it was exactly.
I'm wondering if that would be the same place and yes, you are right, there don't seem to be any photos of the place.

Back