• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The boat catherine de barnes

changinman1

master brummie
Can anyone remember the name of the night club that used to be at the rear of THE BOAT (CATHERINE DE BARNES) , I remember going there a few times in the early 80,s....anyone remember it or am I going mad.

The only club that I know of behind The Boat at Catherine de Barnes is the Catney Cricket Club. Founded a very long time ago.

I remember going there a couple of time, main problem was someone had to drive, from what I recall it wasn't a very big club but I can't remember the name

My older mates with cars used to go to somewhere called Valentino's, they would pile in as many as would fit. This would have been in the mid 70's to 80's. I never went as I was afarid of not getting a lift back (if they got off with someone). We younger ones envious of going to Brum at night. I still haven't been yet!

Back