• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

THE BOARS HEAD DISCOTHEQUE

D

DAVE BRICK

Did anyone go to the Boars Head disco. I went about 4 times a week for three months solid during 1966.
The room had wooden chairs and tables all round the sides and a small hatch to get your drinks. The floor had dancers on it always and the music was non stop from a juke box at one end. In fact the juke box was so over subscribed if you put money into it, you did'nt hear your record come up for at least 20 minutes.
This was one of the first discotheques and of course they had the ulraviolet lights that picked out the lighter colours of your clothes. I had a couple of patterned shirts that made me stick out a mile, always good for getting the birds.

Yes Dave went to the Boars Head most Saturdays just after the war with my Dad and his brother he lived on the Beeches Estat we used to go to the Bar on the left of the Pub. Also we had a home pitch at Perry Hall Park in the 60s and used to go there after the match for a Shandy :2funny:

used to go there with my brother...but not till the late 70's...
think they were one of the first pubs to get Space Invaders game machines.
(seems ancient now :D)

Back