• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Barrel Summer Lane

cookie273uk

master brummie
The_Barrel.JPG
normal_The_Barrel.JPG
A Painting of the Barrel Summer Lane about 1950s for a Forum member

Last edited:
oh eric...its yet another wonderful painting...kel yer mom is going to be so happy when she see this....

lyn..

Wow what a great painting, it brings back so many memories. Thank you so much for posting it Eric, you really are a Star.

Lynne, have just framed and mounted it, will take it to Lyns tomorrow, glad you like it, I enjoyed doing it. Eric

Thanks Kelly and Lyn for making this happen. I wish my mom and dad could see it,they would love it.
Thanks again all,
Lynne.

what i like about this shot lynne is it shows the old houses and shops either side of the pub before demolision...so pleased that you like it and once again many thanks eric...see you soon...

lyn

i dont know about my gran but my grandad would have loved it at least will be able to look and say i went in there with my dad

mom got her painting today and even i think it was amazing thank you eric it is a wonderful painting, you are a very talented man
from kelly

Eric the painting is even better in the flesh,so to speak. I nearly lost it though,my daughters father in law wanted it. Thank you so much once again.
Lynne.

i saw the painting too today in the flesh..marvelous eric and thank you so much for taking the time to bring it over..it was good to see you again..thats twice in one week..:) lynne..you will have yer own little gallery at this rate..:D and eric has promised me that if ever i find a pic of the house where i was born or my house in villa street he will paint it for me...

lyn

Lyn I'm so pleased with my two paintings, they mean so much to me. I really hope you can find a photo of one or both of your houses.
I can't wait for the decorating to be finished now to put them on show.
Lynne.

i know they do lynne..and dont worry the search goes on for pics of my houses...i dont give in that easily...:)

lyn

Back