• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Aston Banjo Orchestra

Michael_Ingram

gone but not forgotten
Does any one know anything about the Aston Banjo Orchestra?
banjo.jpg

aston banjo band

hi michael
If you go to google and type in aston banjo band, you will find quite a bit of information, but unfortunately it would seem that it was a london based band :(
Hope this helps you :wink:

Banjo Band

My mother's Father used to be in a Banjo Band in the Aston area. They used to go "black face" at times as well. I have no other information. John Welch was born in Aston as far as I know, so there may well have been such a band. My mother practically divested herself of all her family when she married. Her father lived until l944 and her Mother until l936. She was an only child. She had a favourite cousin whom we knew, an Aunt who was a theatre actress and an old family friend and that was it. I haven't done any research on the Welch's so don't know a thing as yet.

The group my grandfather was in would have been around in the early part of the last century.

It looks like that Aston was someone's name rather Aston the place. Pity, it would have been nice if they were from Aston. Thanks for the help.

Back