• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Anchor Inn, Park Street

Blacksmith

master brummie
TheVictualler’s Database shows George Burton as running The Anchor in Park Streetfrom 1804 to 1826. Chapman's Directory of 1808shows George Burton as a victualler in Park Street and this is also shown insubsequent directories. Wrightson's Directory of Birmingham for 1825 shows his address as 46 Park Street.

George Burton was my direct ancestor and I would love to find out any information about him at the public house where he was licensee. Can anyone point me in the right direction, please?

Many thanks for any help given

Dave

Hi Blacksmith. Just as general interest you might like to see this view of Park Street during the Murphy Riots of 1867. Viv. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350716941.711280.jpg

Hi Viv. What a great picture. I've added it into my word document about George Burton.

Thanks very much

Dave

Back