• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thanks

A

amanda w

Just to say a huge thanks to everyone :angel:whose hard work goes into organising and publicising these events, and a special thanks to all of those who work to maintain this site, look up records and provide information to enlighten and guide us less competent in these matters.:confused2:
Thanks to this site I have contact with relatives that I would never have found..... :)

I can only agree with everything you have said Amanda. I too have found relatives thanks to the kind people on the forum. Jean.

i have to agree..without this forum a rellie who was adopted at birth and who had a complete name change would never have found me...he just happend to notice my posts researching my family name...wonderful....

lyn

Amanda I think several of us here can relate to what you have said. I certainly can some distant relatives I have found here who have filled in several gaps in my family history. I thank everyone involved and even those who just browse. What a great bunch!

thanks jim but it does no harm from time to time for you to be reminded just how much we all owe you and the backroom guys for keeping the forum going...

lyn..:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Everyday I log on to this site and everyday I am grateful to Postie, his family and the moderators that keep this site up and running.
I have recieved so much help on this site it is incredible - I have located family graves, found out that another member on the forum (pomgolian) is my second cousin - she lives in New Zealand so I would never have found her without reading her posts. I have had amazing help with my family tree, photo restoration, look ups in directories, places located on old maps the list is endless and sometimes the help I recieve is via email so the people who have helped me do not even get recognition for their help on the open forum. I have met some lovely people because of this site and I hope to meet more in the future.
Polly :)

I would like to add my thanks to Postie, his Family and the Moderators, for the Forum. I love looking at the Photos, maps etc, and I have learned so much...I hope to keep on learning thanks to the Members who contribute so readily. By the time I read a query it usually already has an answer!!

Rosie.

Just to say a huge thanks to everyone :angel:whose hard work goes into organising and publicising these events, and a special thanks to all of those who work to maintain this site, look up records and provide information to enlighten and guide us less competent in these matters.:confused2:
Thanks to this site I have contact with relatives that I would never have found..... :)

All too true Amanda and I'll second that as it is through this site that I found my long lost family. Through my success it also helped my cousin Frederick to find his roots. As you are a newish member you wouldn't know how much these folk have helped me; take a look at this https://forum.birminghamhistory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10357&highlight=long+lost+half+brothers happy reading, thanks for reminding us what we owe to these people and what a great forum this is. :)

Graham.

I go along with all that has been said Amanda....At the moment, I am in contact with a recently discovered 3rd cousin of my husband's re: Sarah Aplin thread. And I have received loads of help from our members....All thanks to Postie and the moderators for their generosity and hard work.

Regards....Florence

Back