• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Thanks - post your thanks here

thanks pete nice to know that....this forum community has certainly helped get me through some wobblies :)

lyn
Hello Lyn,I only joined the forum this month and it is fantastic,put me in contact with a great school chum I went to school with in the early ‘60s,and I would like to show my appreciation with a donation,but am not keen using card details,is their any facility for me to send a cheque,many thanks and kind regards.
Phil B

For anyone who wishes to pay by cheque or postal orders, please make them payable to J Pritchard.
Address is
30, FFordd Anwyl
Rhyl
Denbighshire
LL18 4JW

Thank you all for your generous donations without which the site could not survive and remember its your donations that keep this site alive.

Hello Lyn,I only joined the forum this month and it is fantastic,put me in contact with a great school chum I went to school with in the early ‘60s,and I would like to show my appreciation with a donation,but am not keen using card details,is their any facility for me to send a cheque,many thanks and kind regards.
Phil B

hi phil and welcome...so pleased you have made contact with an old chum...this has happened many times on here...yes you can donate by cheque if you prefer that and details can be seen on post 38 on this thread...we are always grateful for donations no matter how little or large every penny helps to keep the forum running...thank you

lyn

For anyone who wishes to pay by cheque or postal orders, please make them payable to J Pritchard.
Address is
30, FFordd Anwyl
Rhyl
Denbighshire
LL18 4JW

Thank you all for your generous donations without which the site could not survive and remember its your donations that keep this site alive.
I pay by Paypal. it goes through in mins. so you do the same and get sending please.

The problem with the Forum is that for me it is addictive, in the MOST positive way. I joined in 2015 while I was still working full time and after I retired I started to look.
Now I get up usually at 5.30 am central, have a cup of Typhoo with my wife (well at least half a cup) then go sit in front of my computer. Unfortunately :grinning: I do that four of 5 times per day. So much so that MS Edge lets me one click and go to BHF!
Most have you have said similar things but keeping my mind alive with great memories is truly wonderful. I have relived my early years SO many times.

Thank you all so VERY VERY much!
it sure is:grinning:

Many of us can relate to Richard’s comment. I’m still addicted after 10 years on here.

I’d like to say a big thanks to all our members who contribute, who look in to read posts and to those who find BHF useful. For us mods it’s important this site offers a friendly and interesting place to drop in to. And we appreciate all that members contribute to keep it lively and interesting.

Looking forward to a busy 2021 on here. So keep those memories flowing everyone.

And best wishes to all for a healthier and happier 2021.

Viv.

Many of us can relate to Richard’s comment. I’m still addicted after 10 years on here.

I’d like to say a big thanks to all our members who contribute, who look in to read posts and to those who find BHF useful. For us mods it’s important this site offers a friendly and interesting place to drop in to. And we appreciate all that members contribute to keep it lively and interesting.

Looking forward to a busy 2021 on here. So keep those memories flowing everyone.

And best wishes to all for a healthier and happier 2021.

Viv.
DITTO

Agree with all that's been said, thanks to all who run this site. Since lock down I've been on more and more and each day more amazed at the information out there, and for the help everyone gives.
Have a great Christmas despite the problems, and a happier New Year than the one that's drawing to a close

Thank you all for the best Forum in the world! I've had more time these last few months to visit, and it really has become addictive. In these uncertain times I'm sure that for a lot of people it has become a lifeline. I've got the greatest respect for all the time and effort the Staff put into it, and what can I say about Lyn....I just do not know how she does it.... I think she should be knighted! Thank you Lady Lyn you're a star ...:sun:
Lynn.

Last edited:
Two of the Team that we have to thank and could not do without are 'the Gaffer' Jim/postie and his son Warren.
Jim stepped in and took over the site when it was about to fold and then it went from strength to strength.
I think that some of the first members were 'sylviasayers' July 2002 and our lovely 'jennyann'RIP August 2002 followed by postie in November 2002.
I joined in May 2003, thought I would give it a try for a while,lol.
We have a great team of Moderators all working to keep the forum a pleasant place to visit, we can't please all members all the time but we do try.
I think that a special 'Thank you' should go to Lyn and Vivienne for their really hard work continually moving posts to their correct places and keeping all threads tidy.
Finally a thank you to all members, there would not be a forum without you, keep those interesting posts coming in 2021..
Alberta.

Last edited:
Two of the Team that we have to thank and could not do without are 'the Gaffer' Jim/postie and his son Warren.
Jim stepped in and took over the site when it was about to fold and then it went from strength to strength.
I think that some of the first members were 'sylviasayers' July 2002 and our lovely 'jennyann'RIP August 2002 followed by postie in November 2002.
I joined in May 2003, thought I would give it a try for a while,lol.
We have a great team of Moderators all working to keep the forum a pleasant place to visit, we can't please all members all the time but we do try.
I think that a special 'Thank you' should go to Lyn and Vivienne for their really hard work continually moving posts to their correct places and keeping all threads tidy.
Finally a thank you to all members, there would not be a forum without you, keep those interesting posts coming in 2021..
Alberta.
Hi to you all. I am fairly new to the Forum and I am still finding my way around. I keep stumbling on threads and every time I see a familiar photograph or a piece about somewhere I know I get a lump in my throat. My husband has noticed how excited I get when there is a photograph that I recognise. He says I am getting addicted to the Forum but meant it in a nice way.. He is right, I just love it and it is nice to have the time to be on here. To all the Moderators I just want to say a big THANK YOU for all the hard work that you do. I am very grateful too for the information and photographs our members post on the forum. Perhaps, when I get better I might be able to contribute something. Kind regards to you all, Sue. A true Brummie.

Hi to you all. I am fairly new to the Forum and I am still finding my way around. I keep stumbling on threads and every time I see a familiar photograph or a piece about somewhere I know I get a lump in my throat. My husband has noticed how excited I get when there is a photograph that I recognise. He says I am getting addicted to the Forum but meant it in a nice way.. He is right, I just love it and it is nice to have the time to be on here. To all the Moderators I just want to say a big THANK YOU for all the hard work that you do. I am very grateful too for the information and photographs our members post on the forum. Perhaps, when I get better I might be able to contribute something. Kind regards to you all, Sue. A true Brummie.
Sue, I think you are one of many that are addicted (in a nice way :)). When I read a thread or photo I seem to talk to my US born wife of almost 52 years about them continuously and she wants to know why I never did before! the Forum is a great memory jogger.

The Forum is such a great place and the folks on it are even better!

hi susan...so pleased you are liking the forum...by being a member and making posts you are making a contribution..you are part of the forum...please remember that without members we would not be here at all we would just be a blank space...thank you

lyn

Sue, I think you are one of many that are addicted (in a nice way :)). When I read a thread or photo I seem to talk to my US born wife of almost 52 years about them continuously and she wants to know why I never did before! the Forum is a great memory jogger.

The Forum is such a great place and the folks on it are even better!
Agree with all that you say Richard. Many thanks.

Back