• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thank you eric

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
would just like to say thank you to eric for very kindly doing me another painting of the vine inn villa st..this time its for our dad to hang up on the wall in his room at his nursing home...this was dads local and he is going to be just so delighted with it

thank you eric

lyn xx

Vine_Inn_Villa_St  3.jpg

Last edited:
That is so kind of Eric to do that for you. I am sure your dad will enjoy being able to see his old local everyday - I bet it will bring back lots of happy memories too.
Well done Eric :encouragement:

it is wonderful isnt it carol and polly...dad played darts for the vine and it was here that he taught me to play so i also have very fond memories of it...mind you i was only about 13 or 14 at the time so it was a glass of lemonade and a pkt of smiths crisps for me lol..

lyn

Lyn was this the pub that your dad was in on that newspaper photo? The one that you searched and searched for and then someone posted it on here?
Or have I got the story all wrong?

Lyn was this the pub that your dad was in on that newspaper photo? The one that you searched and searched for and then someone posted it on here?
Or have I got the story all wrong?

pol the newspaper article with dad sitting in the pub was taken in the acorn in wheeler st may 1958 but not a million miles from the vine..dad didnt beleive in wondering too far lol....

lyn

lynne dad already has erics painting of the old crown at digbeth and everytime i visit him he gets me to take it down so that he can get a closer look at it...this one will really make his day..

lyn

That is the 20th pub painting for forum members, the list is :- Lad in the Lane (x3), Old Crown (x3), Vine Villa St (x3), Jewellers Arms (x2), Norton, Geach Arms, Villa Tavern, Barrel, the Bull, Vine, Summer Lane, Navigation, Barton Arms and the Swan in Essex. Enjoyed painting each one, particularly the Barrel because of its unusual shape making it a challenge. Only painted 5 churches, that must say something ?? Eric

pol the newspaper article with dad sitting in the pub was taken in the acorn in wheeler st may 1958 but not a million miles from the vine..dad didnt beleive in wondering too far lol....

lyn

I nearly got the story right then....lol.

Yes Eric - 20 pubs painted for forum members and only 5 churches - definitely says something about our members :adoration:

Eric as done some fantastic paintings also for me, and made some people very happy, i also would like to say a big thank you x

Back