• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Testing, Bullring And Castel Moral, France

Messed that up a bit but am getting the idea !!! Eric
Hi Eric

I think your best course of action is to put one comment and one painting in posts in a thread you would create in the 'Original Artwork' forum as follows...

Create a new thread in 'Original Artwork' and make it's title 'Eric's Paintings' or whatever title you prefer.

Start the first post in the thread with your comment or painting description and upload and insert just one image (not thumbnail) into that post so that there are no problems with postioning of the image, or multiple images appearing.

Afterwards you can make further posts in your new thread with comments and images so the thread would simply have a number of posts each with it's own comment and painting.

The advantage of doing it as above is you can take your time adding each new post with it's painting and each time you do post it would bump your thread up to the top of the forum's lists of 'New Posts', 'Recent Activity' etc. Also with only one painting in each post it is easy to go back and edit without inadvertently altering image positions etc.

Also it would be easy for members to scroll down the list of posts in the thread.

oldmohawk

Last edited:
Back