• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Test Area

Testing labelling images with sources etc.

Source: Working from home
Acknowledgements: home photographer and fluffy white dog

Last edited:
Trying to work out if there's a BHF tool which allows you to put your own labels/personalise any images you post. Any ideas? Thanks. Viv.

Do you mean things like a name instead of the long number a camera gives it? So the photo labelled 21090820_140745 became Looking down the garden.... (only part can be read if you put too much).

Attachments

• 20190820_140745.jpg
    20190820_140745.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
  • Looking down the garden at the shrubs.jpg
    Looking down the garden at the shrubs.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Viv,

Not sure whether this part of Xenforo would allow you to customise it. It seems that it comprises the image name, your login name, and the date & time it was posted. You can change the name of the file before you post, but it will still have the .jpg or .png extension.

Maurice :cool:

Thanks both. I wanted to get text written onto the image. Fiddled about with the tools this morning but don’t seem to be able to get the text onto the actual image. I normally go to a separate App to put source info on my photos and wondered if there’s a quick alternative on BHF. But it doesn’t look like there is. All the same thanks. Viv.

0_AFRDPW0960223CarneddauFoals_03.jpg

A foal takes its first tentative steps

A crop of cute-looking babies have begun appearing on the wild moorlands of northern Eryri (Snowdonia). As this year’s Carneddau foals have started arriving a little earlier than usual:grinning:

(Image: Sandra Roberts)

0_AFRDPW0960223CarneddauFoals_03.jpg

A foal takes its first tentative steps

A crop of cute-looking babies have begun appearing on the wild moorlands of northern Eryri (Snowdonia). As this year’s Carneddau foals have started arriving a little earlier than usual:grinning:

(Image: Sandra Roberts)
Aaaaah!

Forum appears to be back up , but I only see 3 new posts in the last 12 or so hours?
Is it still having problems?

1684607607635.jpeg
This is an older photo that posted without a problem. Newer photo will not post and say invalid file. Any ideas/thought would be appreciated!

Back