• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Teresa mathews....

chrissyboop

Brummie babby
We are searching for our sister who hasnt been seen since the 1970's. Her name was Mary Teresa Johnson also known as TESS, after years and years of searching we have recently found out that she changed her name to Teresa (TESSA) Matthews. We believe she lodged at KENDAL RISE ROAD in RUBERY in the early 1970's. Tess was in The Shenley Fields Cottage Homes after her Mother Gladys died in 1950 all her brothers went into seperate care. Their parents were Alfred and Gladys Johnson. Any memories of her or who she may have married please get in touch with me, very many thanks, regards Christine

Update: Tessa lodged at KENDAL RISE ROAD RUBERY in the early 70's it is thought other people who lived in no 186 Kendal Rise Rd were : Alice Richardson
Janet Hoe...Dolores Murphy.... Lyn Burnell..... Maureen Mc Murrey

Neighbours were : Arther & Betty Ward....daughter Sheila and Brian & Irene Westall

Does anyone remember them ? they might know where Tess went on to from there or who she may have married

Last edited:

John Young

master brummie
Welcome chrissyboop

Best to put a bit more information about your Sister then you will get more folks search & answer Ok
is Teresa Mathews her maiden name or married name ? (You said name now ?)
Name of her (your ) parents would be helpful , Searching via Electoral Rolls is advised.

Folks will probably reply to your Instant Messages section if the dates found for Teresa are 70,-80, Present days etc

Teresa Mathews you say born B,ham 1945 not showing up on Free Birth, Death Marriage site (FreeBMD)
Teresa J Mathews born St Albans June of 1944 Mother maiden name Paul

Christine Mathews born March 1945 Mother maiden name Webb
Gaynor R Mathews born March 1945 Mother maiden name Johns,; both in B,ham register

Last edited:

pollypops

master brummie
Hi Christine - we have someone on the forum looking for a Mary Teresa also born 1945 in Birmingham - are your searches connected?

chrissyboop

Brummie babby
It is very likely, we have been trying for so long and time is running out due to age. I would imagine the other thread was from Tess's sister-in-law Rosemary Smith

pollypops

master brummie
I have followed this story from the beginning - I do hope you manage to find your sister.
Do you know how long she may have been at kendal Rise Road or who she was lodging with?
I am wondering if there may be someone who still lives in that road that may remember her.

chrissyboop

Brummie babby
Hi, we have recently found out that ' Teresa Matthews ' is NOT the Mary Teresa Johnson we are looking for, so back to the very long search, really dont know what else to do. Regards Christine