• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Terence Haile

misterdee

I am trying to find background details or photographs of this author of Western and Science Fiction novels
Born in 1921 in Sparkbrook, he attended Waverley Grammar School and served in the RAF in Rabat, Morocco, during WW2
Any details regarding Terence or living relatives would be of interest

A Terence Haile (probably the same one) is listed on the online electoral rolls at 124 Medlicott road from 1945 till 1960,

The books sound like a lot of rubbish to me, who once used to enjoy SF, though am not into the fantasy sort around now. I assume Mr Dee is involved with the second link. A am glad that the people concerned are trying to do the right thing concerning copyright.

As I understand it an author’s work remain copyright for 70 years from the end of the year in which they died. In this case 1979. Copyright remains with the author, unless they sold or assigned it. The Society of Authors could advise Mr Dee on how to obtain permissions (and pay for them) for any future publication as an e-book.

I’m glad that prospective publishers appear to want to do this legitimately. Regardless of literary merits.

This link may be useful too. https://copyrightservice.co.uk/copyright/p13_permission

Last edited:
Much appreciated. I was asked to look into Terence Haile and family by my local librarian and have become fascinated on how little has been found in the last 10 years!

I am trying to find background details or photographs of this author of Western and Science Fiction novels
Born in 1921 in Sparkbrook, he attended Waverley Grammar School and served in the RAF in Rabat, Morocco, during WW2
Any details regarding Terence or living relatives would be of interest
Terence Haile I knew his Brother Reg In fact Reg was my Daughters God Father, Unfortunately Reg Died some years ago at the time he was living in the Stockfield Rd area. . Reg had a son Mark. Reg worked for Cartwright & Co the Timber Merchants he was a Sales Rep for their Snow Hill Branch and had worked for their Stechford Branch. Cartwrights closed down in the 1970s I believe

Terence Haile I knew his Brother Reg In fact Reg was my Daughters God Father, Unfortunately Reg Died some years ago at the time he was living in the Stockfield Rd area. . Reg had a son Mark. Reg worked for Cartwright & Co the Timber Merchants he was a Sales Rep for their Snow Hill Branch and had worked for their Stechford Branch. Cartwrights closed down in the 1970s I believe
Many thanks for this information. I managed to track down other members of the Haile family but they were unable or unwilling to assist, so your assistance is much appreciated. Terence is still very much a mystery! His war time service brought him in contact with lots of personnel, yet no one remembers him. The search continues.

Best wishes

Back