• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Teddy Sandfords cafe smethwick

Hi, just come across this chat looking for old photos of the shops. My Nan was Ted’s sister Annie. My mum used to work in the shop with her and I have memories of being there when I was little and my Nan and uncle lived there until there was a fire.

My nan was teddy sandfords sister, I remember going in cafe when first started going up the Albion with my dad.
you had jones sweet shop as well, who were also relatives
My Nan was Annie, I also remember going to the old sweet shop, although sure the shop was closed by then but remember sitting in front of the fire in the back room. Did you ever visit Mrs Foster who lived off the main road down the side of the old ground?

My Nan was Annie, I also remember going to the old sweet shop, although sure the shop was closed by then but remember sitting in front of the fire in the back room. Did you ever visit Mrs Foster who lived off the main road down the side of the old ground?
My dad was dave

Back