• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tea Shop , Prk Lane Aston

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
HI Every body ,
I Am Doing A Research On A Little Tea ShopOn The Park Lane
Aston , Can Any Body Give Me Any Info, And Confirm That There Was One
I Think It Was Owned By An Old Lady During The Fifties ,
Also A Family Of The Name Nottingham ,s Whom Lived Up
Upper Sutton Street His Name Was Fred ,
He Also Had A Son Called Fred , And He Had Three Daughters
Called Maggie , Kathie , And Janet Any Info Of Any Of These People Would Be Highly Grateful . The Old Lady At ThE Tea Rooms , Name I Think Was
A Married Lady With An Husband Whom,s Name I Do Not Know
Possibly Dennis , And Ada Robinson , The Number Of The Premises Of
Park Lane I Do Not Know Many Thanks ASTONIAN ,

Astonian. A Mr and mrs Brown had about that time. Their childrens names were Hilda Harry and Frank.. After that a Mr and Mrs Robinson had it. Hope this is of some help. Reliable source by the name of Ken Hillier and his sister who is now in her eighties. TTFN. Jean.

HI JEAN
MANY . MANY Thanks To You ,And Please Give MY Special Thanks
To The Lovely Couple WhomGave YouThe Source Of Information On
The Robinson,s Is It Possible You Think To Find Out The Number Of Park Lne.
And When Did They Leave Park Lane , Like What Year It Could Have Been
Did They Have Any Sibblings , And May Be To Asked Are Any One Of There Sibbling Still Living , Or Them Selves
This Is Brilliant News ,
I Wish YouAll A Very Nice Day , And Once Again Give That Couple A Big Thank You From Me . Best Wishes ASTONIAN ,;;;

Astonian I'm going to get mysel more of a bad name for saying this but we are meating Ken at the New Inns on Friday. Will ask him if he knows or if not find out. It was his sister Sissy who gave me the information but that is as much as she knows. He is also bringing more photo's of Bill Eggison from Park lane the swimmer. I will then post them. Bye. GGJ.

Astonian, there was a cafe on the corner of Park Lane/Upper Sutton Street, opposite The Eagle pub. It was there at least into the 1960s to my knowledge.

Jean, there was a coalyard next door to Robinsons cafe, owned by Bertha Egginson - any relation to your swimmer friend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back