• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tea Room In Gooch St North

christy

master brummie
Hi forum.. is it possible for a look up of Tea Room.In Gooch st North..Ran by A LADIES Team.. Few Doors Away from the Bristol Oak Pub..in the City Centre mid 60s 70s..Please...

christy

master brummie
Great news postie..this was in Gooch st North. .can you send the page it's on plz..if Poss. .regards christy

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jim

Mr's Tayless's establishment would have been more than a few doors away as it was on the other side of Sherlock Street. Could it have been inside the Friends Hall as that was only a few doors away?

christy

master brummie
Maybe Not it was a Walk Down a Ally way..you got served by a Barn type Door..tea Biscuits..it was a few doors away fr the Bristol Oak Pub. .just below Kent st baths..

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Jim

As I said the distance between the two places you mention was more than a few doors, as you can see from the distance between the two red X's marked on this map.

Attachments

• gooch st.JPG
    gooch st.JPG
    168.1 KB · Views: 14

Phil

Gone, but not forgotten.
Christy

Do you think it was possible that it might have been in Wrentham Street, although I still can't see any tea rooms there. By the way we are talking about The British Oak aren't we?

christy

master brummie
No Devo Gooch st North..a few Doors up From the Pub..British Oak..The Tea Rooms Back Yard Was On BRITISH TELECOM Car Park..Land..I Think it's Best to Find a Map of This Little Area..& Pin Point the Exact House..Regards..Christy..

christy

master brummie
I wonder if it was a side line..old lady's tea & biscuits..we all went there in the 60s..70s..And Maybe Not Registered as that. .?? Maybe something else.

christy

master brummie
Yes Phil..it was A FAB area years ago.pubs on each corner as you said. .great image will take a copy to pin point the house I was chasing as a tea room..thank you guys..be back in a min..christy.

postie

The buck stops here
Staff member
With the many pubs we used to have, I think they were placed at easy staggering distances to each other..