• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

TAYLOR

rowan

Born a Brummie
We have visitors at the moment and they have been most impressed with all the kind help from my "cyber" pals and have asked if I would try with their family name so I said I'd give it a go as I am sure someone will come up with an answer :wink:

The Taylor family lived in Aston. there was CLIVE, SYDNEY, EDITH and ALFRED. Clive was the father of my cousin and she has never known her grandparents names. Can someone help please? :)

Many thanks: :D

Good morning JKC, the years we are looking at are the late 1890's.
early 1900's please.

Hi again Rowan,
the only Clive Taylor that i can find in the timescale born in the area.
1901 census 6 George Terrace,Tevor st. Aston (ST Clements)
Harry Taylor age 40 b birmingham Filer in Electro plate trade.
Louisa age 35
Harry 8
Sydney 7
Clive 6 (second christian name Douglas)
James A 4 (second christian name Alfred)
Edith May 6 months Dorothy Annie 6 months (same registration reference they are definately twins.)
Have a feeling it might be them!
regards Alberta.

.Harry Taylor married Louisa DOILE in 1889 ref 6d 138 ,given that Louisa was 35 in 1901 I found on the birth index a Louisa D'Oyly born 1866 Aston.
Checking Clive Douglas Taylor birthcertificate will verify, ref 6d 345.

1881 census

Name Relation Marital Status Gender Age Birthplace Occupation Disability
Charles DOYLY OR DOYBY Head W Male 46 Banbury, Oxford, England Bedstead Maker -Iron
Louisa DOYLY OR DOYBY Daur U Female 15 Birmm, Warwick, England Scholar
Henry DOYLY OR DOYBY Son U Male 11 Birmm, Warwick, England Scholar
Thomas DOYLY OR DOYBY Son Male 5 Birmm, Warwick, England Scholar
Amelia DUNN Visitor M Female 45 Birmm, Warwick, England Labourer's Wife

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source Information:
Dwelling 95 Lower Hockley St
Census Place Birmingham, Warwick, England
--------------------------------------------------------------

Oh Alberta.....you are a genius!!!!!!!

Thank you again, so very much. Our visitors will be so thrilled. thank you :D :D :D :D :D :D

Back