• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tapatalk help please

B

BernardR

Hi I downloaded the [Convo] Tapatalk app (free version) but got the message that this forum does not support Tapatalk which i know is a nonsense. Any suggestions please?

Ta

Hi I downloaded the [Convo] Tapatalk app (free version) but got the message that this forum does not support Tapatalk which i know is a nonsense. Any suggestions please?

Ta

Hi Bernie. I downloaded the £1.99 Tapatalk App from the App store yesterday and found it works really well. I wonder if your version is an older one that didn't have BHF on at that time. So far I'm pleased with it. But I can't work out if you can upload photos from iPad to BHF via Tapatalk. Viv.

Hi Keith - It is an application (App) for Smart phones that allows you to keep up with what is happening on the forum and to easily upload posts when away from the computer. Warren uses it a lot.

Viv - I think you may be correct and serves me right for being a cheap skate but hate paying for stuff I can get free.

in tapatalk press more, and the image option is in there, Ive used it for years on another site, well one or two years.

Attachments

• hosting.jpg
    hosting.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 14
Bernie. I would have done the same but I tried to find the free version and couldn't see it!

Warren, thanks will give it a try. Viv.

Warren. Had a look at the 'More' button but only got " Geotag" or "Statistics" in there. I've looked under Advanced Options for replying to posts and there's "Insert URL link" and "Insert Image Link". Are these what I should use? If so, will need a bit of advice on how to use them. Many thanks. Viv.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I use android and its literally more then image from camera or gallery

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

OK thanks Warren. Will experiment with it, but thanks for your help. Viv.

---

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never managed to post images from Coppmime via Tapatalk before so maybe I'll be able to do that once the URL's set up. That would be great if it will do that. Viv.

still got to do that bernie, i dont think its been uploaded yet.
few niggles to sort out yet

OK Thanks - found it very useful once you introduced me to it.

right everything else is now done (I think)

ill sort tapatalk tonight when i get home from work

if anyone's doesn't work it's because the new domain has been switched to a new host, Some isp's haven't been updated yet by nominet three network is an example as I cant access the forum yet from my phone

All OK now thanks.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm so chuffed I can post pics via Tapatalk using iPad. Will work out how I did it if anyone's interested. Viv.

Here goes Bernie. These steps are for iPad using Tapatalk (don't know about other devices):

In BHF using Tapatalk, click on thread where you want to post pic
Choose "Reply to Topic"
Select "Open Advanced Options"
Select "Photo Album"
Select image from your photo album (stored on your iPad)
Choose "Upload to Forum"
Press arrow on "Manage Attachments"
Select "Inline"
And hey presto!! It's dropped into your message. The actual image doesn't appear in your message, just says ATTACH ... etc. But it appears when the message has been posted. You can attach 5 images in one go. Hopefully that's all clear. Viv.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327057696.859078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1327057696.859078.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 6
Just uploaded an image to the test are - works well.

Select Forum
Select New Topic
Click on Camera Icon
Select Upload from Camera/Gallery
Select Image
Select Submit

That's it.

Just updated my Apps on iPad. Then returning to Tapatalk it's been updated but it's been redesigned. Still trying to find my way around it. Anyone know if 'Timeline' means all new postings?

Also just running a quick test for myself in posting a pic. (Pls ignore pic - although it is a nice one of the Market Hall). Viv.

aty7use7.jpg

It's OK folks, false alarm. My last message has just popped up, so ''Timeline' must be ALL postings. Just wish they wouldn't b....r about with the format of things every 5 minutes. Viv.

Back