• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tan-sad Perambulators

rowan

Born a Brummie
In doing some family history I found a Great Uncle went to America as a rep for
Tan-Sad perambulators in 1924. Can anyone tell me please where this factory was?

An interesting point to add is that a pram used by my Mother for us 3 children (from 1937, 1940 & 1951) was a Tan-Sad so maybe Great Uncle got it for them ???

Many thanks :))

Tan-Sad Ltd
1921 The Tan-Sad Works (F.H.Headley); Manufacturers of motor cycle accessories, 9 Freeman St
1924 Tan-Sad Ltd ; Manufacturers of motor cycle accessories, perambulators , steel chairs & toys; 1 Albert St; works 9 Freeman St
1932 Tan-Sad Chairs C0; chair manufacturer; 1 Albert St
1932 Tan-Sad Ltd; perambulator & toy manufacturers, Upper Dean St; works 9 Freeman St

my wife was born in Hull and her mother calls a push chair a tan sad to this day ( she is 93 ) After our first daughter was born in 1972 we visited hull regulary and our sparkling brand new buggie was refferd to as a tan sad by the locals.

Back