• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tame Road Witton

IMG_0034.JPGIMG_0035.JPGIMG_0036.JPG

Tame Road, Witton. The man in the cap is Alfred Granville Snape who was my moms stepfather. They lived at 24 Tame Road in the 40's.

I also lived at 2 Tame Road (above the post office) in 1973-75.

The first photo brought back memories of the 50/60's. Post office on the corner with Deykin Ave, run by Mr. and Mrs. Wragge. Hardware store, Mr. Tallis (later Mr.Jones). Fruit and Veg Mr.and Mrs. Goody. Barber Shop, Harold Weaver. There was also a Butcher and Newsagent.

Thanks for sharing your photo's with us Chris. Drove past your family house last week. 113 I think it is?. Welcome to the forum chipito.

I knew people in Thame Road, Joyce Bell who I still see from time to time. I also went out with David Littlemoore, his parents had a grocers shop. His pal Brian Baker lived on the opposite corner and his family had the cafe.

Lovely photo's, I guess the flood was in the early 50's when the Tame burst its bank.

Hi Shere, was the lad at the front of pictures 1 and 3 Harry. If so was he in the Boys Brigade. Sorry I cannot recall his surname. I lived at 68 Brantley Road. Regards George

I remember Brian Baker. He was good on the ivories (Piano) I remember. I have not seen him since I left Deykin Avenue school in 1951. Whatever happened to him ?., Regards George (Not my birth name)

Hi Chipito, I went to school with Angus in the late forties and early fifties. Didn't your granddad sell the newspapers ?., Regards George

Are you related to the tustins from acocks green or Aberdeen street Winson green or studley
Best wishes Astonian,,,,,

Back