• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tamburro family

C

carmino

Hello, I am Carmino Tamburro the son of Carmino Tamburro and Marie Tamburro, my Dad used to play the accordion at parties, weddings etc and also used to teach the accordion.

Have any of you forum users ever been into contact with the Tamburro family?

Hi Carmino,welcome.

This is the first time I have heard your surname and I did a search and found only one entry in 1901 in England.

10 troy Alley Row ,Great Yarmouth.

Gaetano Tamburro age 41 Organ grinder and Ice cream vendor
Briget age 35
Anthony 13
Cesidio 10
Juano 7
Elizabeth 4
all Italian subjects.Most of their neighbours were Italian.

There is a marriage in birmingham 1926 of an Elizabeth Tamburro to
Anthony Cerrone.

An Antony Cerrone is in Birmingham in 1901 his father Vincent is an Icecream maker both are Italian subjects.

Welcome Carmino anymore clues to the family professions:)

Carmino, I knew of the Tamburro family through my connection with the Alberici family, did Mark`s Dad have a shop in Brum?.

Last edited:
I clearly remember "Jack" Tamburro's accordion & concertina shop in Dalton Street - no idea what his actual first name was, but the shop was named "J. Tamburro" and everybody called him "Jack".

Hello, I am Carmino Tamburro the son of Carmino Tamburro and Marie Tamburro, my Dad used to play the accordion at parties, weddings etc and also used to teach the accordion.

Hi Carmino, I believe that my great grandmother knew your family. I will find out what I can, my Great grandmothers surname was Sheldon.
I have attached a photograph.
The Couple at the front I believe are my Great Grandfather and Great Grandmother the little girl at the front is my mother. I wonder if you could tell me who the others are.

Attachments

• IMG_8055.jpeg
    IMG_8055.jpeg
    441.2 KB · Views: 3
hi terry member carmino is now only a guest member so unless re joins the forum will not be able to reply to your post

lyn

Back