• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Talbot Family In Hingestion Street During The 60s

thecaptain51

master brummie
There were the Mom and Dad,(They drank in The with Mint with my Mom and Dad) the Dad fought in Italy during WW2, they had 3 children, I cant remember the daughters name but her two brothers were called Barry and Terry. I went to Brookfields school with Terry and later Icknield Street. It would be nice to hear what happened to them.

hi
brenda was the name of the daughter their mom was named betty barry emigrated to america in the eighties
i was friends with brenda who got married in 1971 terry is the youngest he got married and moved away dont know where
lost touch with brenda about 16 years ago
josie

Josietrue

Thanks very much, I think it was the last house on the right before the little entry before the Volcano cafe. I remember their father worked in The Jewellery Quarter and some times I would stop Friday night at their house, because at that time Terry and I were good mates.
Thanks again

hi
trying to think of their dads name im sure it was john their mom died in 1990 and their dad died a few years before
they where a lovely couple i have some photos of brenda she was the eldest
josie

Josietrue

It would be very kind of you if I could see the photo's, could you could load them on to this thread please. Did you live close to them, if so which street or road?

i dont think i would be allowed to put the photos on the thread as brenda might still be a living person
i lived in hockley but didnt know brenda untill she got married her husband who sadly died was my brother inlaws best friend
that is how we become good friends for meny years
josie

Josietrue

Thanks for everything that you have sent me tonight. I think you were right, the fathers name was John, he had lost most of his ginger hair, but I always remember his ginger moustache.
Thanks again
The Captain

Back