• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Take him out.

Eric Gibson

master brummie
I wonder if one of you photo experts could take my old friend with his wheelbarrow out of this photo, I need a photo of the High Street and the cottage I've had a go myself without much success.

'Wow' from me too thanks very much, that's pretty well as I saw it when I was first persuaded to buy it. (A long story and the reason for my dislike of little Hitler planning officers.)

Sorry I missed the 'where is it' It's High Street Clearwell here in the Forest of Dean the edge of the building you can see on the right is the shop I bought when I moved from Brum in September 1965

The cottage was essentially just four stone walls and a slate roof, semi detached, all the interior divisions were made with wattle and daub, it had been occupied by two families one with nine children the other with thirteen children, the toilet was a brick outhouse at the top of the back garden, no sewer or septic tank.
In the oak roof trusses there was carved the builder's initials and the date 1725, that's forty years before HMS Victory was launched.

Back