• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Tablet problem

Bob Davis

Bob Davis
I have a laptop and a tablet. I scan onto the laptop my postcards, so that when í àm àt à postcardfair, I can check àny finds. Ì then copy the scans via a memory stick onto a notebook, which is smaller than the laptop, but ìt is cumbersome. Is theŕe a way to get scan straight to thetablet? the scanner is wireless
Bob

I can't see any reason why not as long as you have the right software on the tablet.

But even if you can't you should be able to use bluetooth to transfer the pictures from your laptop to your tablet. Or by connecting them physically via usb.

Bob,

I'm very out of date with all this mobile stuff, never having had an occasion to use it. But if you want to go direct from the scanner to tablet, the thing that seems to be missing is a driver for the scanner on the tablet.

Maurice :cool:

My Apple iPad scans wirelessly direct from my Epson printer. It uses an Epson app in the iPad. I just tested it.

the following might be of interest ... I use it most days ...

If you use Windows 10 you get the free Microsoft Account which comes with the free 5Gb on their server which they call 'OneDrive' or 'Cloud'. You could set your scanner to save the scans on Onedrive but it is much better if the scanner only saves images in your computer then simply drag them with a mouse etc to Onedrive.

From the relevant appstore install Onedrive in your tablet. You can then view all pics from any device. Alternatively you can copy the pics into folders on your tablet for viewing.

I use all of the above with a PC, laptop, iPad, and iPhone. I often edit photos using OneDrive so I can quickly see how they look on different devices.

Possibilities.
Most tablets have some form of built in camera and usually two of them one facing front and the other back. You can use that to photograph your cards direct to the tablet.
In a lot of cases the charge lead for the tablet will connect to a 3 pin plug by means of a USB port. You can take this apart by pulling it out of the USB and plug the lead into a USB port on the laptop. This can then be used to transfer files onto your tablet. You may have to change settings on the tablet to get this to work. That way you can transfer the stuff you've scanned onto the tablet.
Tablets generally come with a socket for a small memory card. You can also get adaptors (in places like Poundland) so that you can connect said memory card to a USB socket. You can put your pictures on the memory card and just plug that into your tablet.

I have a laptop and a tablet. I scan onto the laptop my postcards, so that when í àm àt à postcardfair, I can check àny finds. Ì then copy the scans via a memory stick onto a notebook, which is smaller than the laptop, but ìt is cumbersome. Is theŕe a way to get scan straight to thetablet? the scanner is wireless
Bob
Bob, you might talk to the manufacturer of your scanner. Usually there is downloadable software if you were the original owner of the scanner. I have an Epson scanner and they were very helpful to me without even trying to sell me anything. But you need software on your tablet. Mine is an iPad and Lenovo note book.

Good luck!

Back