• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

T. Elvins & Sons Ltd

I met Ron Chiles recently and he told me about this site and that a few of the staff had posted threads about their time working for Elvins. I have a few photo's I would have liked to post but they will not download as there is a problem with the file size and as I do not know how to reduce the actual photo file size I will just have to say they have Peter Collins, John Reeves, Frank Ball, Danny Tynan, Ray Elsmore, Ronnie Watson, Nobby Hale Albert Gough and of course myself on them. Hopefully one of my grandchildren will show me what to do.

Display the photo, screenshot into word or powerpoint, then screenshot it again from there at a smaller size and try posting that - that's what I do and it seems to work.

I don't have such happy memories of Elvins. I owned a security company that carried out security on some of their building sites. They ceased trading owing me a fair bit of money.

Back