• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Kinnersley T C S Stipendiary Magistrate

Robert Holland

master brummie
Kynnersley was Birmingham's first stipendiary, appointed in 1856 and held the position for thirty years. He was a member of the Edgbaston Archery Society, now Edgbaston Archery & Lawn Tennis Society. I am engaged in researching and writing the history of this the oldest lawn tennis club in the world. I am looking for a photograph of Mr Kynnersley without success thus far. Anyone able to help?

According to the Birmingham and Aston Chronicle of August 1888, he resigned the stipendiary after being appointed in March 1858.

However Aris’s of April 1856 indicates his proposition to the post.

Last edited:
Back