• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sydney Griffith Ltd. Soho Hill

Katie

master brummie
Does anyone have any information or pictures of the Stud Works which were on Soho Hill. My Mother and Aunt used to work there and I would love a picture for my archives. I have found this poster/leaflet on the web, but if anyody has anyfurther information would love to have it. As you can see they were collar stud and cufflink makers. I would think they were around in the 1940's/1950's.
Sydney.jpg

Katie

Here is a photo of which I am told is the exterior frontage, which I also believe is still standing today.

Phil

Attachments

• Handsworth Soho Hill Sidney Griffiths Co.jpg
    Handsworth Soho Hill Sidney Griffiths Co.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 22
Thank you so much, Phil, for the photo, just what I wanted to add to my family history notes. I knew somebody out there would come up with something. I havn't been down there for several years, although I did go to get some pictures of my Grandma's house in Richmond Road about 8 years ago when we had been to the Jewellery Quarter. Her house was still there minus the front garden, now a pull in for cars!!!!!! My Mother worked at Sydney Griffith when she was about 16 and met a wonderful friend there who became a surrogate Aunt to me. Such memories this forum provides. Can you remember the P.D.S.A on Soho Road, I used to take my cat there. We lived in Lansdowne Road at the time.

Thanks once again, Katie

Back