• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sweets We Used To Have

Status
Not open for further replies.
My nan had a caravan down at Bewdley years ago, as kids our treat was a trip to teddy greys the sweet shop at the bottom of the high street, I can still remember the smell inside that shop and what seemed like ages looking at all the jars before you made your choice of which sweets to buy and what would last the longest, and of course the shop is still there today selling its lovely wares

Ade. There's a shop in Broadstairs that's been there years,love to pop in and just smell the aromas.The lady knows me now after a few years.Afew weeks ago treated myself to 2 Liquorice Twist Sticks about 8 ins long

• Appreciate
Reactions: ade
Were the narrow bars of toffee called Arrow bars, cost I think 1d and came in different flavours.
Seem to remember peeling the paper off was quite tricky as it stuck to the toffee.

Elmdonboy I remember those about an inch wide and 4 or 5 inch long , yes that paper was a nusisance

Don't know,Has anyone mentioned TROACHE DROPS
Yes early on in this thread you can still get them at the black cou try museum. Talking about sweets, on a back road from Bromsgrove to Halesowen there is closed down factory was this Bluebird?
Bob

Yes early on in this thread you can still get them at the black cou try museum. Talking about sweets, on a back road from Bromsgrove to Halesowen there is closed down factory was this Bluebird?
Bob
If you were heading towards halesowen and that factory was on the left side good chance I I recall not long after passing the factory you came upon a island (roundabout)

Were the narrow bars of toffee called Arrow bars, cost I think 1d and came in different flavours.
Seem to remember peeling the paper off was quite tricky as it stuck to the toffee.

I remember the Arrow bars - loved the spearmint one; but I don’t think they did a banana & toffee version.

Maurice, there were two kinds of "Refreshers", the round hard ones like tablets in a stripy tube and the ones in the photo which were lovely lemony sherbet filled chews. They were very bad for my fillings!! My mouth is watering!
rosie.

• Appreciate
Reactions: ade
Frozen Jubbly's. when you opened them the one half was lovely as it contained all the orange juice, the other half was just ice. The shop around the corner from me also froze Vimto in the same shaped carton as Jubbly's. They were nice too on a hot day.
Has anybody mentioned Terry's Caramac. Cant remember exactly what the flavour was except that it was a light tan colour, and had the look and texture of chocolate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back