• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sutton Park

That spot by Wyndley Pool is one of my favourites and Keith Berry took a photo there in the 1970s and commented ...
cangeese.jpg

Last edited:
Are there ANY of the OLD racing cyclist that remember racing at Sutton park? If my memory serves me Sutton park had ONE pretty stiff hill on the circuit. I did take 2nd in one race there in the early 50s. John Crump OldBrit, Parker. Colorado USA
Yes, was at one or two. I see a later correspondent has reminded me of Tommy Godwin, Bob Maitland I remember well. Do you remember we had to be off the main roads by 1000hrs

I remember going to the Pat Collins fair many times, I used to love the big dipper, it was supposed to be the biggest wooden dipper in the country.
It was later dismantled and relocated at the Battersea Funfair, I wonder if it still survives somewhere.

I think that this images is earlier, quite certain that the changing rooms were a brick/concrete structure in the early 70's. It also looks like the image had been flipped, possibly a scanned slide done back to front.

Yes it looks like the slide has been scanned the wrong way round. The pool as I remember would be on your rhs when approaching that wall!

Back