• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

sutton park today

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi all just got back from having lunch in sutton park....

we took a walk to blackroot and were looking towards the dam and saw just two heads walking inside it:rolleyes:well me and me daughter just had to find out how they got in there...we went to one end which was blocked off so went to the other and these two guys were just coming out of the tunnel carrying plenty of photographic equipment so i enquired as to what they were doing in there...

turns out they were urban exlorers shooting video footage for a documentary...they were great chaps and showed us some of the footage they had taken....

this is the dam...

left of the tunnel...

must say it was most interesting talking to them..realy enjoyed it...

lyn:):):)

Lol, a couple of drainers there then! I'll have a look on some of the sites I frequent and see if there's any shots of where they were.

Interesting place, might have to have a look!!!

virusman..if you do venture out there the guys said it was quite low in parts so dont forget to....duck...:D:D:D

LYN

I must admit I've not been draining before, but you come close at places like Wordsley Hospital and the old Co-op in Brum where access is through basements in some sections. Tight sqeezes are part of finding ways in without anything getting broken(on the building, not my body!!).
Some of these places can be pretty scary to explore when you first enter them. Dark, smelly, not knowing if someone else is already in there..........
Lots to think about if you ever actually wanted to try it. NEVER explore alone. I have, but it just wasn't worth the risk.:(

evening all....got a couple of pics taken about an hour ago in the park...will just upload and post...

lyn:)

lyn excellent might have been a nice sunset yesterday as well, but not in a good place for a pic :) Dave

In the park today for my usual Friday walk with my cousin (she walks I moan...) anyway, the dam has undergone a big renovation over the past few months and we've had to extend out walk up to the railway line. It was very muddy in some parts of the park so I was really pleased that the path over the dam was once again open. We sat on the bench and watched the ducks and then grebe (at least I think that's what they were).

Attachments

• Dam 2.jpg
    Dam 2.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Dam.jpg
    Dam.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 26
Back