• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sutton Coldfield Cemetery

Hayleybez

Brummie babby
Hello all,
Does anyone know where I would get information on unmarked graves at Sutton Coldfield cemetery? I believe my ancestor is buried here but the Council and the Cemetery aren’t being very helpful.
Many thanks,
Hayley

Hi Rosie,
I haven’t found them there but there are so many listed as “Unknown, Unknown” that I think there’s every chance one of them is the person I’m looking for. I thought they had to keep proper records of who was buried where by law. Hayley

You haven't given a date so it is hard to say what the requirement was when your relative was buried.

Hi Hayley, as Janice says, we could do with a little more information i.e. name and dates. I've made a note to ask when I go to my history group at Sutton Library next Tuesday. Obviously, without the information, it will only be a general enquiry.

Hi Hayley,

Although there are no records at the library for Sutton Cemetery I asked advice from someone who had had the same problem. She said that Sutton Crematorium holds records and maps of this cemetery and provided you have the date of death and a name they should be able to pinpoint the spot where your relative was buried. All the graves have numbers. It would be best to telephone them first - 0121 464 3812.

Good Luck and let us know how you get on please.

Back