• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summerfield Park

hi di .
i certainly remember the summerfeid park and the nick
the nursery you are thinking about was along on the oppersite side of the rd
on the corner i cannot think of the name of the rd but the bank was on the corner
i spent alot of time in that park beleive me so would you remember the old bona that used to run along side the park thats what us kids called it
after the beeching axed it it then became one train only using it taking scrap metal or the goods train onlyouttowards harborne way eventualy the neibourhood used it to dump the rubbish and then eventualy they removed the tracks and alsorts of things was thrown down there best wishes astonian ;;

hi Di ;
its me again just remembered to correct myself before any body else is quick to pick up and to recifyeing me on the nursary as you first said next to the park ,
well yes you are right orininaly the nerury was opened up later in years next to the park
and originaly it was a second hand shop and second hand cookers they used to deal in ,and also my neice worked there on her first years of leaving school
then it was years later they moved across the rd to the big house or should i say it was two houses in one on the corner where they opened up as the nursery
and it was a midland bank was on the corner from it ;okay ;have a nice day , astonian ;;

I remember Summerfield Park. I spent many happy hours there. When I was a child there used to me a marquee put up and show's were put on during the summer. I went to Camden St School and out tennis lessons were always at that Park. I used to take my dolly and pram round there too.

Maggs

Back