• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet

Sorry I couldn't make it. My ear is still throbbing after an ear operation on Tuesday. Where the photos?

First time for my husband, Paul, coming with me and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. He says everyone was very friendly - he even won a raffle prize! He is looking forward to the next meet!! (No I'm not offering as I am a bit busy at the moment). Thanks Vicki.
My pleasure Janice, I am glad you enjoyed it

Sorry for the delay. Here are some photos of the meet, including the latest addition to the Jim clan, now our latest member, though it might be a while before they post anything.

P1000143A.jpg P1000145A.jpg P1000147A.jpg P1000148A.jpg P1000149A.jpg P1000150A.jpg

Nice pics Mike. Sorry, I didn't take any this time - too busy gassing away and catching up with friends.

It was nice to see Pat there who used to come with her husband, a member of the forum. We were sorry to hear that he died last year but she came to catch up with friends on the forum. Well done Pat. She asked after Lyn and has promised to come to the Christmas meet up if you missed her this time.

Sorry you're still in pain Frothy, ear pain is awful, like toothache it's very hard to soothe - just make sure you're OK for the next one at Christmas - details to be decided after numerous visits to the pub to make sure it's suitable......

On another note - I reluctantly brought home a pile of old Brummagem magazines (only reluctant because they were heavy). I glanced through them and passed them to Graham last night for him to read. What a good job I did! Not only was there a picture (not seen before) of his first home in Upper Sutton Street, but also a photograph of him at a Coronation party, aged 3. I will scan it and put it onto this thread later. To say he was pleased was an understatement. Jim also kindly brought a book about Graham's old stamping ground and this has really taken him down Memory Lane. Thanks Jim. He also met another Blues supporter (no comments please) and had a good chat to David about their team. All in all, the day just got better. Roll on the next one.

Thanks for the pics, Mike, and glad to hear that everyone had a good time. The fun, for people who, like me, live far too far away to attend, is putting names to faces! :) But I'm certainly glad to see that Eric is looking well and enjoying his beer. Long may that continue.
Maurice :)

so sorry to have missed pat and david hope to see them both at the next meet:)

hi maurice i will go through the photos mike posted tomorrow and sort out the best full on shots on each photo...will then list who they are and what photo they are on:)

nice photos mike..i see your new camera is working well

lyn

Yes Lyn, though after my first experience, where it would only take videos, I have not yet done much experimenting with it

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for that - i will then see if my guesses are correct! :)

Both of my cameras will take video, but I've never had a great interest in it, so have never tried them out. It's a whole different world and you're either interested or you ain't!

Maurice

As promised here's the picture, scanned from the Brummagem magazine, of Graham (aka Parker), at the Coronation. Incidentally, he's wearing a very similar pair of shorts today! It was probably taken in Upper Sutton Street.

Attachments

• Coronation Photo0001.jpg
    Coronation Photo0001.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 22
ok folks think i have identified everyone in the photos except for the little girl and her dad...maybe someone could enlighten us??...if i have missed anyone please give me a shout...

post 124 pic 1 david fowler standing
pic 4 morturn
pic 5 lady penelope
pic 6 on left is posties sister shirley..middle pjmburns (janice) right janice is hubby paul...nice to see you out and about paul..

post 125
pic 1 phil
pic 2 posties wife hilary in yellow top
pic 3 left to right vicki ..lynne webb..kelly...postie
pic 4 on left is pat wife of terryb18 who sadly passed away last year and is sadly missed
pic 6 cookie273uk (eric) who paints and donates his wonderful paintings for our raffles

post 126
pic 1 keyhill brian

post 127
pic 1 vickie and mom lynne webb..

ps cant post one of mikejee who took these photos...mike i was hoping you would have taken a selfie :D:D

lyn

Last edited:
Lyn,

Many thanks for those identifications. I didn't do too badly with my guesses, but I had a bit a bit of help with some from pics of previous meets. Everyone knows what I look like from my avatar, even though that was taken around 17 years ago, since I had a haircut last Thursday, apart from a change of glasses not much has changed. Hair more or less pure white now. :)

Must change the avatar!!!!

Maurice

Lyn
The idea of taking a selfie fills me with horror. Almost as much as if I took a photo of the glass of beer I was drinking, or packet of crisps I was eating (though I did not eat any) and posted it on facebook.

Lyn
I think the little girl and father is Warren and his daughter. Please correct me Jim If I am wrong

Lyn
The idea of taking a selfie fills me with horror. Almost as much as if I took a photo of the glass of beer I was drinking, or packet of crisps I was eating (though I did not eat any) and posted it on facebook.

ha ha i knew you would say that mike...as you can guess i was only pulling yer leg:D hopefully jim will confirm who the newbies are then..

happy to help maurice...its always nice to put faces to the names especially for those who cant attend the meet ups

lyn

So lovely to see you all having a good time. A big thank you to Vicki, who made a great job of organising the meet.

I couldn't join you due to health problems, but maybe I can get to one in the future. Keep up the good work everyone. This forum is still strong and enjoyable thanks to everyone's efforts.

Viv.

Thanks Lady P. Yes, getting better, doing exactly as I'm told by the docs. Doesn't come easy though ! Viv.

Many thanks to everyone who turned up, special thanks to Viki for organising the meet up, and of course a very special thank you to Eric for donating his wonderful paintings of various locations in and around Birmingham . the raffle raised a staggering £144.00 to enable the forum to keep going.
Mike, the picture l is of my eldest son Adam and his beautiful daughter Mia Honey, and that's a lovely picture of them, thanks Mike...

Back