• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet Up 2 July 2016 At The Bull

Thanks Lyn - done. Here's the full details again for others wanting to come along.

DATE: Saturday, 2 July 2016
TIME: from 12.30
PLACE : The Bull, 1 Price Street, Birmingham B4 6JU

For those unfamiliar with The Bull, here's their website including menus (good food at reasonable prices).
https://www.thebull-pricestreet.com/

Map
1 Price St, Birmingham, West Midlands B4 6JU
https://goo.gl/maps/fKxSX12C7d62

Donations for the raffle are very gratefully received. The raffle is an important part of our regular meet ups as it gives us the chance to raise funds which keep this great site afloat.

I'd like to let Rose know roughly how many to expect, so please let me know if you think you'll be coming along. All new members will get a very warm welcome. We look forward to seeing you there.

Viv.

THOSE HOPING TO ATTEND LIST

1. Viv (Vivienne14)
2. Morturn
3. Jim (postie), Hilary and Shirley
4. Mike (mikejee)
5. Lynne Webb and Vicky
6. Lyn (Astoness) - maybe
7. Eric (cookie273uk)
8. Speedy23
9. annie56 - maybe
10. Frothblower
11. Key Hill Brian
12. Kelly
13. Peggygirl and husband - possible
14. Pat, Cyril and Lindsay
15. Graham, Jo and Nick
16. John Knight
17. Brian (Templer)

Another canal painting !
I`ll be bringing a really big bag - in the hope of making it a pair to carry home.

Also have a raffle prize - a book `The Accidental Gangster` Krays v The Fewtrells (Battle for Birmingham).
Annie

viv although josie cant make it next week she is dropping some raffle ticket money to mine this week...she would also love to win the st georges church painting so would lynne webb and so would i so it looks like we have at least a 3 way a scrap on our hands lol:eek::eek::eek:

CALLING ALL NEW MEMBERS

Do come and join us at the Bull on Price Street this coming Saturday (2 July) if you can. We're a friendly lot and you'll get a very warm welcome. It's good food and beer and there are lots of Birmingham - related items in the raffle. Hope some of you can make it. Viv.

Very sorry that I have to be elsewhere on Saturday, Viv, but hope it all goes well, as ever. Good wishes to everyone.

Chris

I can't make the meet - is it possible to have the donate button back? Failing that I will have to ask Postie where I send a cheque.

Janice

Pity you can't make it Janice, maybe the next one. I too can't find the donate button. Shall chase it up. Viv.

janice the donate button is in the member information section just underneath where it says birminghams lost communities but we really need one at the top of page that is more prominent in red..hopefully warren or jim can sort this out...

many thanks to josietrue who has just dropped off some money for the raffle as she cant make this meet...good luck josie may the best lady win that painting:) ps if its a man we shall have a re draw lol

lyn x

Might as well walk then Froth. Maybe use it as my warm up for tackling THAT STEP !! Viv.

here you go froth..this should do it:) i will not have you cobbling down those steps again lolramp.jpe

Back