• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet Up 2 July 2016 At The Bull

Have been a member for ages but never attended one of your get togethers, so I'm going to talk my husband into coming - that's if nothing has been arranged & I don't know about it ha.
Have just seen a picture of the Bull, will you all get in there?

fingers crossed we'll get there, Jeanette...................aka peggygirl

Hi Peggygirl. Hope you can make it. I shall put you and husband on the list as 'possible'. Don't worry, we'll all fit in. Rose, the landlady, knows we shall be descending on her pub on the day so we're expected. Viv.

Only 3 weeks to go. Hope you've all started your training for the Peaky Blinders Cup Challenge. And as is traditional, we'll be holding the Reckless Step Gamboling event again this year. For those less energetic members you'll need to get your names in early to be picked for the Bar Propping Endurance Team. So don't hold back, there's something for everyone. See you soon. Viv.

no froth...phil completed the step vaulting 2 years this christmas..you did it at least 2 years before that...time flies froth...bit like you:p lol lol

lyn

I'm Going for some early training at the Bull, must gets some training vaults in. May enter the "Gambolling Event"

I would like to donate this painting of Eric's that has adorned the wall of my house since 2009. I have recently redecorated and it has hung in my bedroom for awhile. Now I feel that someone else should have the same pleasure as I have of this painting over the years.
Painting of the Great Hall, Aston Hall.

Attachments

• IMG_1248 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1248 - Copy.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
and to go with frothys kind donation here are the 2 paintings eric has done to add to the raffle..thanks eric you are as usual a star:)

gas st basin and st georges church newtown..both myself and lynne webb want this one..but we wont fall out over it will we lynne..i wont have brawling down price st lol

Gas St basin (8).jpg Saint Georges  church 2016.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks all, particularly to those who are making such generous donations. It's very kind of members and it adds valuable funds to keeping BHF up and running. A big thank you. Viv.

Looking forward to coming along with my husband Cyril and daughter Lindsay and bringing a bottle of something nice for the raffle Viv!

Wilkinsons have made a pile out of me with those gold frames, have purchased at least 90 over past 7 years !! but they are cheaper than the Hobby shops Eric

The framing looks good Eric. Think you should get a special rate for all the business you've given them over the years! Viv

Eric, I have been fortunate to be given one of your WONDERFUL paintings by a friend, and yes its in a Wilkinson frame, and aint they good. Strength to your painting arm mate.

Well at £7 they are cheap, you would pay over £20 in a hobby shop similar size, of course they would be superior materials, Glad you like the painting (whatever it is). During my exhibiting days I (70's till 2006) I used a professional framer and he charged even more but made a good job including double mounting showing the painting at its best. Eric

Last edited:
I really wish I was able to make this meet but as luck would have it i'm not over in Brum until the following Friday, as many of you know my planned visits tend to tie in with running days at Aldridge (formerly Aston Manor) Transport Museum, the annual open day being 10th July.

Simon

interier Aston Hall.JPG This is the painting Frothie is kindly donating, not easy to photograph a framed/glazed painting. The gentleman was sitting with a lady but I just thought I.d like just one figure, so left the lady out, neither were members

View attachment 106292 This is the painting Frothie is kindly donating, not easy to photograph a framed/glazed painting. The gentleman was sitting with a lady but I just thought I.d like just one figure, so left the lady out, neither were members

Hope you don't mind me donating it Eric?
I've had great pleasure seeing this painting on my wall over the years and had some lovely remarks off guests.
The painting has lived upstairs for the last year because of a change of theme in the living room. It seems such a shame to have the painting out of sight, so I feel that someone else should have the same pleasure of it as I've had over the years.

Don't mind in the least Frothy, have sold/gifted well over 300 paintings over last 40 years , doubt very much if they are all still in the same hands !! Eric

HI FOLKS NOT LONG TO GO NOW UNTIL ONCE AGAIN WE ROLL OUT THE BHF BANDWAGON:) looks like i will be able to make it but please dont let that put you off lol..looking forward to seeing some of our regular faces and hopefully some new ones as well..still time to put your names down or just turn up on the day..everyone is most welcome...friends and family included so lets do what we do best and get the bull full of BRUMMIES...see you all soon...think i will have the faggots and peas this time:)

lyn x

Last edited:
Lyn

How you could eat those disgusting things escapes me, if you want me out of the pub just come and sit by me to eat them as even just the smell is enough to get me running for the door.

Lyn

How you could eat those disgusting things escapes me, if you want me out of the pub just come and sit by me to eat them as even just the smell is enough to get me running for the door.

oh phil how can you say that...i love them..usually have the lamb shank but i think a change is called for now...if you are there i promise to sit up a corner and eat then i shall sit by you and tell you how much i enjoyed them lol

Back