• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet Up 2 July 2016 At The Bull

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
While Astoness (Lyn) takes a break for family commitments, I've agreed to organise the next meet up. So here we go :

DATE: Saturday, 2 July 2016
TIME: from 12.30
PLACE : The Bull, 1 Price Street, Birmingham B4 6JU

For those unfamiliar with The Bull, here's their website including menus (good food at reasonable prices).
https://www.thebull-pricestreet.com/

Map
1 Price St, Birmingham, West Midlands B4 6JU
https://goo.gl/maps/fKxSX12C7d62

Donations for the raffle are very gratefully received. The raffle is an important part of our regular meet ups as it gives us the chance to raise funds which keep this great site afloat.

I'd like to let Rose know roughly how many to expect, so please let me know if you think you'll be coming along. All new members will get a very warm welcome. I look forward to seeing you there.

Viv.

THOSE HOPING TO ATTEND LIST

1. Viv (Vivienne14)
2. Morturn
3. Jim (postie), Hilary and Shirley
4. Mike (mikejee)
5. Lynne Webb and Vicky
6. Lyn (Astoness) - maybe
7. Eric (cookie273uk)
8. Speedy23
9. annie56 - maybe
10. Frothblower - maybe
11. Key Hill Brian
12. Kelly
13. Peggygirl and husband - possible
14. Pat, Cyril and Lindsay
15. Graham, Jo and Nick
16. Norman (Brookieboy) - maybe
17. John Knight

I'll be there. Will bring copy of Jennifer Tann's Birmingham Assay Office for the raffle.

That's good Jim and Mike, look forward to seeing you again. Many thanks Mike for your book donation. Viv.

hi viv...very good of you to take up baton for this one...if i can make it it will be on speck as my summer plans are not set in stone this year...only one bit of advise i can give you and that is....dont forget the raffle tickets or else you will have our members chasing you up and down the length of price st lol..:eek:

lyn x

Thanks Lyn. I'll put you down as a possible. But (expanding) family comes first of course! Viv.

not just my first grandchild a few weeks away viv but is looking very likely that he will arrive early so from now on in i am on full baby alert...also possible visit from my daughter in usa who we have not seen for 5 years then there are my own holiday breaks which again will have to be when i can take them...its all go here

lyn

Blimey Lyn - you could do with coming to the meet up for a break then!!! Seriously though, I'm very happy to deputise - just hope I don't mess up. It's a hard act to follow. Viv.

bless you viv but you will be fine...all will go well and i have ordered the sun to shine :)

lyn

Vivienne, put me down, I will bring 2 paintings for the raffle, plus the auction winners painting (Anne??) if she attends meet. Eric

You're always so very generous Eric, thank you very much for the paintings for the raffle. I know we'll have lots of interest in them. Glad you'll be coming to the meet, be lovely to see you again. Hope all's well with you. I'll add your name to the list. Viv.

PS I'll message Annie to draw her attention to the meet up.

That's a pity Froth. Hope to see you at a future meet.
I'd forgotten all about THE STEP until you mentioned it. Oh no beware. .... the mighty wrath of the STEP ..... unleashed when you least expect it! Viv.

That's a pity Froth. Hope to see you at a future meet.
I'd forgotten all about THE STEP until you mentioned it. Oh no beware. .... the mighty wrath of the STEP ..... unleashed when you least expect it! Viv.

Beware of the dreaded step everyone, it just creeps up on you :eek:

Blimey Lyn - you could do with coming to the meet up for a break then!!! Seriously though, I'm very happy to deputise - just hope I don't mess up. It's a hard act to follow. Viv.

You won't mess it up Viv. I've done a couple in the past and if I can do it anyone can. just bring a big stick to beat the members to order:p

Thanks for the tip off Froth. Lyn's only handed over a measly baton. Gonna have to have a word with her ..... Lyn ... are you there ..... where's me big stick? Can't do the job without the proper tools! Viv.

HI Viv,

I was looking forward to catching up with everyone again but I'm pretty sure we won't be able to make the next one. Darn it! Thanks for doing the organising and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Another good reason for members to come along to the Bull. Rose who runs the Bull will have been there 23 years on 2 July. So think we'll be raising a glass to her too for keeping this great pub going! Viv.

Back