• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Lane

Annette Gee

heres a thought. it may have been the funeral of a long serving member of the unity and the prossession stopped outside the club as a mark of respect.

wales.
I am with someone called Bob Chinn who is 91 years old his father owned the undertakers on the corner of Summer Lane and Brass Street, he thinks this was a funeral and that his dad's undertakers Harman and sons had 14 horses. He loved seeing the photo... thank you

RobT

Acemeccanoman
I am with someone called Bob Chinn who is 91 years old his father owned the undertakers on the corner of Summer Lane and Brass Street, he thinks this was a funeral and that his dad's undertakers Harman and sons had 14 horses. He loved seeing the photo... thank you
Thank you very much for giving us this information, and of course Bob Chinn

From 1930 Kelly's

129 Summer Lanenew.PNG

Last edited:

deb

Samuel Keightley lived at 235 summer lane he was a glass manufactor is their a way i could find details of this please

pjmburns

master brummie
Hi deb. what sort of details did you have in mind? Are you looking for info about 235 Summer Lane or about Samuel Keightley?
Also a date might help. Thanks