• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Lane School

topsy the back of summer lane school was in hospital st and i dont think that is hospital st because of the road or street that you can see running accross..have a look at this map and see what you think...it will enlarge if you save it....i could be wrong but if it was the back of summer lane school the road running accross would be brearly st but i think its to close to be that and also brearley st would have stopped at at corner whereas in this pic the street appears to carry on...

1940s20map20of20asto1.gif

Last edited:
Lyn, you are right , I Hadn,t got it marked up correctly . The picture i have put on is actually Lozells Junior and infants (Clifford St entrance).

morning topsy..after your last post i was still confused as to the location of the school so i went on the lozells girls school thread if you go to post 91 posted by dave he posted that there was 3 lozells schools..lozells girls and opposite was lozells mixed infants and the 3rd one which was below lozells girls was the junior mixed..this was in clifford st...i had forgotton about this one...your pic is the first one ive seen of this part of the school....must go back to the map later and work out what street it is running accross although i would think it must be clifford st.......good pic topsy...
have you posted it somewhere else as i would like to save that one....
lyn

Last edited:
Hi Lyn , I used to come out that entrance as it was near our house in Clfford St. I will attept to put it on Lozells School

thanks topsy...living in villa st i would not really have any call to walk past that part of the school..great pic though..

lyn

Hi All
I have this photo of Summer Lane School, may have been on before, i just cleaned it up a bit.

Summer_lane_school_2.jpg

Hope this helps Regards Stars

great pic stars....do you know that i always imagined the school to have been further up the lane...after talking to lynne webb i realised how wrong i was...

cheers..

lyn

Some more, which I was able to purchase off ebay for a few pounds ....lastscan.jpglastscan2.jpg

Summer Lane Boys School ....

I like the photo's Josie, I had to smile at the one "Posh" kid in the boys photo right at the back 4th from the right hand side.paul

i bet he got some stick from the other boys my favourite is the lad in the second row with crossed legs love the big hole in his jumper he looks a right little hard knock

I also noticed him, poor little soul seems destitute, he has no socks either, looks like future armed robber, but probably ended up as a chief constable or brain surgeon. paul

i wonder if there if anyone has anybody has any old photos of summer lane or school they pin on board or where they can tell me where to get some horses 100

i wonder if there if anyone has anybody has any old photos of summer lane or school they pin on board or where they can tell me where to get some horses 100

hi horses 100 and welcome to the forum...there is a pic of summer lane school on post 46 of this thread and there is also a summer lane thread with photos...just noticed that you have paddington st on your location...i was born in paddington st and last year found some old pics of it before demolision which you can find on the paddington st thread....what number did you live at and would you have any photos of the street

lyn

Last edited:
Back