• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Lane School

I went to summer lane school in the early 60's our form teacher was Miss Savage.
anyone out there remember her. she followed us through from year 1 to year 4.

hi joanl i went to summer lane school from 1958 to 1962, my memory is'nt what it wasso i don't recall miss savage though the name sounds familia, i do rember mr reese mr byron miss pierce the cppkery teacher.i lived in new john street west from '47 to early '50s best wishes gill.

Hi all,if anybody is interested in some photographs and pupils of summer lane school,they should google: summer lane kid , the site is run by Brian Harding,when the site comes up, go to 'my other site, there you will find several photo's of pupils & staff, some of them are named also, very,very worth looking at, cheers,Mal.

hi to all, this is summerlane school i went there in 1960s,

Hi maurice , thanks for reply i would be really happy to see more on summerlane school happy memories for me. I remember miss savage , mr harrison pe teacher , mr edwards old mrs Grey i think that was her name she was old. Mr reece science teacher, mrs bland needlework teacher, Mr byron , Mrs street another needlework teacher, Miss savage was a dance teacher free dancing i used to hate it. My teacher was mr wheeldon and theree was mr barter he was gettin on a bit. Then there was miss webster typiing teacher.

Hi maurice, forgot to mention my grt granny was a beardsmore not sure if ada beardsmore related havent been able to find much about the family i am a perry. My grt nan was a jane beardsmore who married an henry perry they lived in hospital street jane was born in 1855/6 but havent found much more about her really i use her name in memory of her. regards rose

Hello maurice , thats interesting about mr james ex headmaster didnt know him we had mr groves. I remember mr edwards iss he still about. regards rose

Hi Rose,
Sadly Mr Edwards passed away about 10years ago.I will try to attach a picture showing some of Summer Lanes female teachers.
There are copies of other pictures on the forum showing other teachers,have you seen them? Moss.

hi moss..thats another good pic of summer lane...do you mind if i post it on the summer lane thread..unless of course you have already done that....

cheers

lyn

hi topsy..thats a smashing pic...i do hope someone may know faces on it...

lyn

my dad said he went to summer lane school around 1955-1959 he is tony harrison,his parents used to keep pubs,does anyone remember him?

hi diane i was at summer lane school 1955 to 1959 i was in mr reeces class and mr bartram mr edwards also ran the football team on saturdays .in those days i lived at the rose and crown on the corner of hospital st

This was the back of Summerlane School.
summerlaneschool001-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
moss dont think its the back of alma st school either the back of alma school was in porchester st and that is not porchester in topsys pic...mmm...do we have a mystery to solve

Last edited:
Back