• Welcome to this forum Guest. We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Lane School

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
I really like this photo which appeared in the Sphere in June 1912. The concentration on their little faces is admirable, but the boy third from left needs to work on his technique, he could put someone’s eye out pulling that very long thread through. Viv.

D64A5902-0568-4566-AEF3-A3DF5D5DE874.jpeg

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pupils cultivating “ digging for victory” on waste ground at the end of the Summer Lane School playground in July 1941. From the Evening Despatch. Viv.

D3AE9550-48B0-4449-A84E-5B802278D261.jpeg

john walters

hi john, that is a photo of summer lane school. i went there 1958 to 1962 enjoyed my school daye in the main i can only remember a couple of teachers mr reese the science teacher mrs pierce domestic science mr byron english. if you get any more photos would you cindly post them , my name was gillian peace thanks .
I WENT TO SUMMER LANE SCHOOL SO DID MY SISTER WE WERE JOHN WALTERS AND GILLIAN [ GILL ] WALTERS IN 1958 - 1961 IF ANYBODY REMEMBERS US GET IN TOUCH .

john walters

LOOKING FOR PHOTOGRAPHS OF SUMMER LANE SECONDARY SCHOOL .IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE SCHOOL TEACHERS OR PUPILS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM.MY SELF AND MY SISTER WENT TO THIS SCHOOL IN 1958 -1961 WE ARE JOHN WALTERS AND GILLIAN [ GILL ] WALTERS