• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

summer lane morgue

I was just reading this interesting thread and was wondering if anyone remembers a clinic at all?
I Vaguely remember going somewhere close to the morgue to have some teeth taken out when i was at school.
I Might be mistaken though .

I most be talking about the one by Steele house lane Police Station,I was on Birmingham Ambulance service in 1970s , At night keys would be picked up from Steel house lane Police station,Day time it was manned by attendant,It had its own Post mortum room and bodies from there transfered direct to undertakers after clearance,It was not pleasent place to have to go tooIf you talking about early 70s there was attendant there who I will also not name,just say that he was very enthusiastic about his job.The way we would try not to have to go there was to get hospital to accept body.If certified dead at scene or on arrival at hospital it would go direct to mortuary.

My great grandfather suffered from epilepsy, it’s well known in the family that he had a fit and they thought he was dead, he woke up in the Summer Row morgue his name was John Robinson

Back