• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Lane death

florence butler

master brummie
An ancestor from Summer Lane died in 1890. Can anyone tell me where is the most likely place he would be buried please?

Many thanks....Florence :)

One possibility Florence, is Warstone Lane, in Hockley. Just round the corner to Summer Lane. My grand parents who lived in Lozells were buried in Witton Cemetary. Someone else will read this and suggest more I'm sure.:)

Hello there Di :)

Many thanks for the Warstone Lane info. I will check the microfilm when I next go to Birmingham Library.

All the best....Florence :)

I would check Key Hill as well. If no luck try Witton also remember if there was a family grave it could have been Aston Parish church. I have just recived a memorial card for a relative buried at Aston Parish Church in 1893. If you have exact date and name it may be worth ringing Handsworth Cemetery who hold the records for Warstone Lane and Key Hill. If no luck try Witton. Good Luck!:)

Back