• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

suggars

D

dave suggars

hi would anyone know my familys surname suggars my nan lived on trafalgar road mosley :)

Suggars is not a very common name at all.

If you could give your grandmother or grandfathers anme and approx birth year it will be a great help.

The first record that i can find of the surname in this area is the Marriage of Gilbert V Suggars in 1921 to Elsie Windsor in Kings norton,this would cover thr Moseley area.

This would appear to be the second marriage for Gilbert as he married in Portsmouth in 1908.

1901 census
Gilbert V with age 19 was serving as a Private in the Infantry in Dorchester.

Gilbert Vincent Suggars birth was registered in Jan 1884 in Edmonton
ref. 3a 323

32 Cowper Road Hornsey Middlx

Christopher Suggars age 41 b. London city Printer
Mary 39 b. Mile End,
Charlotte 18,Christopher 16,Amy 15,Percival 13,
James 10,Gilbert 7,Frederick 5,Augustus 2
and Mabel 8 months.

Offspring of the Gilbert Suggars/Elsie Windsor marriage so far found are,

John E born Bromsgrove 1924

Wilfred born Birmingham 1928

Sheila M born Birmingham 1932

Do any of these names fit in with your family?

Offspring of the Gilbert Suggars/Elsie Windsor marriage so far found are,

John E born Bromsgrove 1924

Wilfred born Birmingham 1928

Sheila M born Birmingham 1932

Do any of these names fit in with your family?
yes they do they are my two uncels and auntie i belive john and wilf are now dead my aunt sheila is still living on castel vale i knew my nan was grandads second wife did not know his first marrage was in portmouth its right what keith told me that your a friendly helpful bunch any dirt on keith Well that would be telling :D

hi would anyone know my familys surname suggars my nan lived on trafalgar road mosley :)
Hi Dave this is Karin Lodge (nee) suggars. Sorry it has been so long, John suggars was my dad. I can just about remember grandad Gilbert. Hows the family, how's Jeffery? Tony my brother was the same age as Jeffery.

hi karin lodge ...dave suggars post was made in 2008 and he is no longer a member so unless he rejoins the forum he will not be able to reply to you

lyn

Back