• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Suez Veterans Assc;

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
Today we held our annual fund raising coffee morning in the Mayors Reception Room at the Council House
here in Derby. It was quite well attended, last year we took over £400 which is not bad for a small branch,
at our bi/monthly meetings we normally get between 35 and 40, but as someone said none of are getting
any younger, in fact most of us are in their 70s.We are very lucky to have a first class secretary, quite a
number of ex/servce branchs are folding because the youngsters are not prepared to take on the offices like chairman etc.I think the exservicemen and veterans in this country are undervalued by nearly
everyone. Bernard

Good to see you are doing well.
I was in Moascar garrison 1953-Nov 1954 GREAT GUYS K.Powers

Good to see you are doing well.
I was in Moascar garrison 1953-Nov 1954 GREAT GUYS K.Powers

It cerainly took long enough to get our General Service Medal, I was involved in thr "Fight" for it for many years .It was Tony Blair who put it before the committee.long service dinner307.jpg

Back