• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Studio Centre Erdington

Vivienne14

Kentish Brummie Moderator
Staff member
First time I've heard of this. Anyone remember it ? What was produced there ? Viv

image.jpeg
From Birmingham Daily Post January 1960

Nice find Viv. I am wondering if this was based at the old Star Cinema on Slade Road? In-between being a cinema and a tyre centre there was a period when it looked like not much was happening there. There was also lots of film stock in the back yard just blowing around on the floor.

Nice find Viv. I am wondering if this was based at the old Star Cinema on Slade Road? In-between being a cinema and a tyre centre there was a period when it looked like not much was happening there. There was also lots of film stock in the back yard just blowing around on the floor.

The Star Cinema was listed in Kelly's Trade Directory as Birmingham Commercial Films Ltd in the 60's.

It seems from this advert that nearly 900 of the Star cinema seats were sold off in 1958. Presumably Studio One then took over the building.

Viv.

A few 1959 images
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 7
Back