• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Street View on Google Maps

superdad3

master brummie
I don't know if forum members generally know ..............but I didn't until today!

On checking a road in Hall Green I noticed via a box in the top LH corner that there were 8 different street views at different dates. Also checked a main road near us and there were 15 views for dates from 2008 to 2022. Found this very useful for showing changes and if Google keep this up perhaps it will be of increasing value in the future?

It is very useful. The number of views varies greatly but I have used it when trying to get better views of fading "ghost signs".

I don't know if forum members generally know ..............but I didn't until today!

On checking a road in Hall Green I noticed via a box in the top LH corner that there were 8 different street views at different dates. Also checked a main road near us and there were 15 views for dates from 2008 to 2022. Found this very useful for showing changes and if Google keep this up perhaps it will be of increasing value in the future?
yes thanks superdad i have been using the different year views for years....can be very useful

lyn

Back