• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stoney Lane

Graham

GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
Thanks, as a back street (3/66 Leamington Road) Sparkbrook kid I found that very interesting.

Thanks PMC 1947 very interesting link

My Mom and Dad had a sweet shop down the bottom of Stoney Lane and my Nan had a Shop in Chesterton Road

My Uncle was telling me he used to earn a couple of bob Bailing the water out of the Pub cellers, when it had rained heavy the Spark used to overflow, at the bottom of Stoney Lane when he was a boy

Jackie

Hi Jackie

The name is Phil, This pub the Lion & Lamb which stood on the corner of Highgate Rd and Stoney Lane is probably the pub that your uncle used to bale out. It was notorious for the cellars flooding. It is probably why it was the first pub in the area to be closed.

Where was your mom and dads shop on Stoney Lane you never know I may have used it at sometime.

Phil

Photo replaced
Sparkbrook Lion & Lamb Stoney Lane .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil

The shop was at 44 Stoney Lane I think it would have been just over the Road from the Lion and Lamb

I have a photo of my Dad standing in the doorway of the shop, I will look it out

When the shop was bombed my Mom and Dad moved to Ivor Road

Jackie

Back