• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stockland pub closed down

Still waiting to see what happens to the Lad In The Lane?
I think its very sad to see these pubs closing the doors.
I've said this before, the only way us customers can help put a stop to the doors closing, is to remember the good times we all have had in (our pub).

Is to remember to good times we have had. I'm sure you will get a warm welcome should you return.

When you walk in ( I hope you will ) it may put a smile on your face when old memory's come back.

I ask you to have a thought for how hard the last few years have been for all of us.

Think of the cost of keeping doors open, pubs need a lot of lights on, they spend more in one day then most of us will use in a month.

I hope I've given you food for thought and I hope you enjoy that beer in you old local.
Drink responsible.

Nick Phillips

I wonder when it first opened. I remember it as a kid when we visited my uncle who lived in Dallas Road. Wife and I visited it when it was a Chinese Self Service taking friends who lived nearby for lunch. Wonderful building. No doubt in my mind will be used for housing development

From Brewery History site

"Stockland Inn, Marsh Hill, Stockland Green, Erdington, Birmingham, West Midlands

A fine 1924 pub by Bateman & Bateman for Mitchells & Butlers Ltd. Five stone pillars around the car park have 'M&B' lettering carved into the sandstone on each side - 20 instances in all. However, most are badly weather-eroded"

There's also a thread about the Stockland Inn here

What a pity to see another well known Erdington pub close. I had hoped it would continue to trade as a public house after it changed from a Chinese Buffet "Modern China" to "The Village Green" and sold it's bowling green for flats, but Birmingham Live now reports that "question marks hangs over the future of the site". Greene King has said "it had worked with staff to find jobs in other premises in the area" and "was reviewing its options for the sprawling building". That doesn't seem to have taken them too long, as it is now for sale @ £875,000 on Rightmove!

Here are a couple of photographs of it, when it was in it's prime:

1700920153340.png

1700921083424.png 1700922052273.png 1700922143568.png

Back