• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Stirchley High Street Shops in WW1

Peter1946

Has anyone any pictures of Stirchley High Street shops in WW1 period.
My Aunt was born at No. 268 in 1913, but family do not seem to appear on electoral roll records of that period.
I am particularly interested what type of shop was at 268.
There seems some evidence that the building numbers changed at some point.
Interestingly, an earlier post in 2014 says about Stirchley Post Office being very close to this number in 1913 and names
E Mason, the proprietor. It is a bit of a coincidence that my aunts mother/ my grandmother was Elizabeth Mason.
I have found no electoral roll entry for the old address given in Stirchley Street.

Last edited:
Back