• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sticky Mouse

Alf

Gone but not forgotten. R.I.P.
I can't get my Mouse to run smooth I've tried the usual cheese I had laid some traps but that was in thge kitchen

Any ideas please I don't want to call rent a bill:D

Alf, if it's the old sort with wheels you can turn it upside down and scrape off the fluff that's built up on the wheels with a cotton bud or similar. If it's an optical one you might find a build up on the bottom where it glides over the mat! Just get rid of that damned fluff!:)

I find the optical meece object to some patterns on the mats. Also any crud that has stuck to the surface of the mat can cause the cursor to jerk.

I recently bought a wireless mouse from Asda for just over £5.0

The optical ones don't like glass surfaces either. My ancient wheeley one worked beautifully on the glass slider shelf on my computer table, but the optical one just sees through it and does nothing, so i have to use a mat anyway.
mike

Mike I used to have a hatched one that the ball driven ones were happy with but the optical mice jerk all over the place and when MoH set up her Mom's PC she gave her a mouse mat from a charity. I could not work out why I could not control the mouse even when I slowed down the action - then realised it was all the writing over the mat telling what the charity did :(

Me and the mrs are big fans of Logitech Ball mice. You just remove the red ball and clean with a cloth then give the housing a wipe. No need for a mat, you just twiddle you fingers. I have noticed that this type of mouse is now very expensive with few models available. Dread to think what I will do when my old pal goes to mouse heaven.

I recently bought a wireless mouse from Asda for just over £5.0
...but doesn't it cease to be a mouse when it hasn't got a tail?
mousecheese20gm.gif

It might be a Manx mouse? Upside down ones are, I think, called Tracker/Track Balls.

Is this what they call taking the Mickey Mouse Oisin if you are not careful I'll fix it.:D

Back